Senior System Administrator
As the Systems Administrator you will support systems engineering, software development, integration, test and deployment activities for a complex software system deployed to the cloud environment.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex software systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems to include day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Install and configure operating systems, networks and software in the cloud environment.
- Troubleshoots the operation of these components and resolves existing or potential issues to ensure optimum operation of the environment
- Coordinates and ensures security compliance of the integration and test infrastructure using DoD security analysis techniques including the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management process and applying appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides for relevant components
- Conducts performance analysis and technology maturity assessments of emerging technologies through application review and load testing
- Understand and provide insight on system and application performance through the analysis of recorded system utilization and network traffic during test events
- Interact and support the Agile development teams developing new features for deployment
- Active Clearance with Polygraph is required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field, 5 years’ additional experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 15 years prior relevant technical experience
- Experience with RedHat / Linux / VMWare / Docker
- Experience with OS hardening
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone, email, and in person
- Experience with creating technical documentation
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with AWS, Amazon S3
- Familiarity with the the customer’s Cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as ElasticSearch, Accumulo, CLOUDBASE, etc.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with maintaining, troubleshooting and performing performance analysis and tuning of operating systems
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Scripting and/or Java development experience
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Working knowledge of and ability to understand the the customer’s Cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge and demonstrate the use of installation and configuration of Cloud technologies such as ElasticSearch, HADOOP, Accumulo, CLOUDBASE, noSQL, etc.