As a Configuration Manager you will provide overall system-level configuration management support for a large, complex system in a cloud environment. You will work closely with the with program System, Test, and Software Engineers to document various segments of the system and develop the existing top-level configuration management processes and documentation, to include developing, implementing, and enforcing a change management process that captures changes from each phase of the system lifecycle: development, I&T, and operations.
- Provide comprehensive system-level configuration management experience which will identify, document, and enhance the program-wide processes and written documentation for all items under configuration control (architecture, COTS, GOTS, FOSS, developed code, etc.).
- Analyze the current system structure and organizational needs and identify the most appropriate and beneficial way to manage each component (shared network drive, existing Agile tool, Wiki page, etc.).
- Need to be detail-oriented and able to review, develop, and update step-by-step procedures for building, re-creating, and/or decomposing various virtual and software systems and components.
- Manage the system-level documentation in such a way that it is readily available to the deployment and integration teams, easily understood, and maintained at the appropriate level of detail.
- Ensure that the system-level configuration management processes and documentation provide a solid, consistent tool for facilitating rapid, efficient system operation and restoration mechanisms at all sites, in all phases, under all configurations.
- Serve as an advisor to a Change Control Board (CCB).
- Active Clearance with Polygraph is required
- Associate’s degree in technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of Configuration Management experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity, an additional 2 years of experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree
- Must have experience with CM tools in the Atlassian suite (GIT, Jira, Confluence, etc) and the MS Office Suite
- Must have experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for virtual and software systems
- Must have experience tracking software, virtual environments, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites\
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and must have excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Prior software development experience is a plus
- Experience with configuration of a system using Cloud technologies
- Experience interfacing with Agile development teams (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)